Tuesday, 13 October 2009

Tweet A-Line Skirt







I thought it would be nice to get some images into this blog so I borrowed my Dad's 'phone and took a couple of snaps of a skirt I've just finished. I got the pattern from BurdaStyle, which is a great resource if you like to sew or want to learn.



I made the skirt from black cotton twill lined with a lightweight floral blue cotton. I used bleach to paint a bird and swirl design onto the front and back pieces of the skirt before I sewed it all together. As I currently have no shiny pennies, I used materials I already had to make this project. To finish the skirt of I added some pretty buttons and buttonhole stitched loops instead of putting in a zip (beacause I didn't have one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment