Thursday, 23 August 2012

Sunny Solfest!

3x3m Backdrop
Along with my friend and colleague Helen Tuck I was asked to make a stage backdrop and 12 music stand covers for Solfest this year. It sounded like a fun project so we said yes. Unfortunately due to timing and fabric issues it ended up being a little more stressful then we intended but it was still a lot of fun. We spent Sunday, along with the lovely Susan, dying and colouring the fabric, Monday I spent screen printing with a couple of the guys we support at The Heathlands Project and then Helen, Susan and I spent last night and today pinning and sewing like demons to get the backdrop finished. I'm really pleased with how it's turned out. It's one of those rare projects where I've had a vision of how something is going to look and it's actually turned out that way. If I say so myself it's rather marvellous. So, if you're at Solfest this weekend keep an eye out for all our hard work!

Dyed Fabrics

Screen printed logo

Pinning the first piece. We projected the image onto the cloth so we knew where to pin!

Building up the layers

Detail

Almost there...

Pinning at height

Fully pinned and partially sewn!

Detail of finished banner

No comments:

Post a Comment