Pages

Sunday 19 April 2015

Life Drawing: 14th April 2015

Pen, continuous line

Another month has whizzed by and brought me to another of my Life Drawing sessions. Having got back from holiday after a lot of travelling at the weekend and having had a busy start to the week in all honesty I really didn't feel like picking up my pens and taking some lines for a walk.

Pen, continuous line

Pen, adding some background detail

Pen, continuous line


However, as the organiser it's fairly important that I do turn up so I did and ended up having a really good session. We had a new model who gave us some really interesting poses. Just as the drawings all the participants make are different and individual so are the poses that each different model brings to the sessions. There was also a new face amongst the participants which is always good and a good turnout helped to create a positive, quietly energetic atmosphere.

Pen, continuous line

Pen, continuous line

Pen, continuous line

Despite my initial lethargy I quickly got into my drawing this session and really enjoyed what I was doing. Different models make me want to draw in different ways and as this sessions model was quite petite I wanted my drawings to be a bit more delicate than they perhaps usually are. I worked on a slightly smaller scale, almost fitting a whole body onto one sheet of paper (almost, not quite,)

Pen, continuous line

Pen, continuous line

I really like the way several of this evenings drawings have a stitched/thread like look to them, I can see them translating really well into stitch and cloth which is something I've been thinking about for a while but never really got around to experimenting with.

Pen, continuous line

Pen, continuous line

Pen, continuous line

I'm still trying to improve my face drawings so carried on challenging myself with this and I'm really pleased with some of the results. There were still quite a few that didn't turn out so well but I think I am improving. I also added a bit of background detail to a couple of the drawings and I like the way this makes the body stand out a bit more. This could be something to experiment with in future sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment