Pages

Wednesday 10 October 2018

Life Drawing: 1.10.18

Continuous line drawing

After a break from Life Drawing over the summer it was good to get back to it. It didn't feel like that long since the last session as I've been so busy but I did find my drawing was a bit rusty. These sessions have become a really nice social experience too and it was good to catch up with people and hear what they've been up to.

Blind drawing

Continuous line drawing

Blind, non dominant hand drawing

I've written many times about how the model and their personality affects each session; it's not just in the poses they chose, it's the presence they have in the room as well. Our model for this session has been modelling for my groups for several years but recently has lost a lot of weight. It was really interesting how this has changed the way she models and the way session with her felt. As always she gave us lots of challenging poses, she is an excellent model and always pushes me out of my comfort zone but it felt quite different to her previous style.

Continuous line drawing

Blind drawing

Looking at details

I really struggle with foreshortening so I was both pleased and disappointed when our model gave us a really tough pose, I didn't quite get it right this time but each time I tackle it I learn something new that I can take forward to the next time.

Continuous line drawing

Continuous line drawing

Blind drawing

I've been experimenting with encasing my drawings in wax in my studio and as I was drawing during the session I was thinking about how some of my life drawings might work treated in this way. I think it could be quite effective and is something I will possibly have a go at in the near future. In the mean time I need to get back to my daily drawing so that I'm ready for the next session!

No comments:

Post a Comment