Pages

Monday 28 May 2012

Birthday Printing

Packaged envelopes

My partner and I have just spent a lovely weekend in Manchester with his sister and mother celebrating said mother's birthday. We enjoyed the sun, became revolutionaries at the People's History Museum and had a fantastic meal at Greens in Didsbury. It was very strange for me as I used to live in Manchester but have not been back for a couple of years, it was mostly the same with a few differences. I was very ready to come back to sunny Carlisle by yesterday evening as it's so manic in the city. I had a great weekend but I love living up in Cumbria.

Anyway, I digress. The point of this post is to tell you about what I made for partner's mother as a present. Which is a personalised stationary set. We wanted to get her something she'd use but that wouldn't take up too much room as she has recently downsized. So, I thought as she is a very friendly and sociable person a writing set would be a nice gift. I also knew that she liked Rennie Macintosh's work so I carved two stamps from lino and used them to decorate some writing paper and some envelopes. I also made some little note cards and then tied it all with pretty ribbons. I think she was pleased with the set and I think it's a really nice gift idea I will use again.

Work in Progress

The lino stamps

Rejects and tests

Assorted printed bits

Envelope detail

Envelope detail

Paper detail

The finished set

Notecards

All packaged up

Writing paper

Notecards

No comments:

Post a Comment