Pages

Monday 21 March 2016

Life Drawing 15.3.16

Continuous line

Another month has flown by and it's time for another Life Drawing session. It was a quiet session again but with two new faces which is always positive. One of the new people had been doing artist Tracy Metcalfe's Experimental Drawing course and some of the techniques he was experimenting with were really interesting. I couldn't believe it was his first life drawing session as his drawings were so good; well observed and full of life.

Continuous line

Hands

Hands

Continuous line

I was feeling a little bit stressed this session as the following morning I was heading off to the Isle of Man on a research trip, exciting but it also meant I had lots of jobs to fit in before I went. However, throughout the session I did relax and as I did so my drawings improved. Having time to just focus on drawing is really important to me, it helps me unwind and allows ideas to flow.

Blind  Drawings

Blind  Drawings

Blind  Drawings

Blind  Drawings

I did a fair bit of 'blind' drawing this session (drawing without looking at the paper) and I was really pleased with how some of them turned out. I love the freedom of working this way and am often surprised by how accurately they turn out, by letting the eyes 'talk' directly to the hand a very free drawing is created.

Continuous line

Face study

Face study

Continuous line

I am also becoming much more confident with heads and faces. For several months now I have been challenging myself to draw the head and face as it was one of my weakest areas and I tended to avoid it as much as possible, resulting in a lot of headless body drawings! I now feel that I'm really starting to get the hang of it and am even starting to enjoy it. Now I just need to figure out how to fit a whole body onto one sheet of paper...

Continuous line

Continuous line

Continuous line

Continuous line

No comments:

Post a Comment