Pages

Wednesday 5 March 2014

Life Drawing 27.2.14

Pen, continuous line

Another session with the line dancers for accompaniment which was distracting but not too bad, we still had a good session and a good turn out. There was a really good, creative atmosphere and some great drawings were produced.

Pen, without looking at the paper

Pen, continuous line

Pen, continuous line

We had one of our most experienced models this evening so I didn't need to give much direction, this gave me less control over the composition side of things compared to last session but allowed me to focus more on my drawing. We had some lovely poses and I was very pleased with some of my drawings.

Pen and water (detail)

Pencil sketch

I was planning to do some work with graphite this evening but I never quite felt like it in the end. I did have a go at adding some water to one of my pen drawings and although I don't like the drawing I really like the effect of the water and ink together. I need to do a bit more experimenting to figure out which pens this works with as my favourite pens have waterproof ink so are not suitable for this.

Permanent marker

Permanent marker

Last time I had a quick go at drawing with a permanent marker and this session I decided to try this again. I'm really pleased with the results and I really enjoyed using the marker. I think because it is much thicker than a normal pen it demands bigger drawings and a slightly fearless approach; you really have to just keep the pen moving or it sinks through and destroys the paper very quickly.

Pen, continuous line

Pen, continuous line

No comments:

Post a Comment