Pages

Thursday 3 January 2019

Looking Back and Looking Forwards

Like all years 2018 had its ups and downs, although it felt like a lot more downs than ups to be honest! I haven't really felt like writing much on the blog at all recently and I haven't felt like doing my usual end of year reflection post so instead I've put together a couple of little slideshows of some of the things I've been up to this year. It's been a good chance to look back over all the good things from the year and some of the great projects I've been involved with. I'm starting this new year full of inspiration and positivity and am looking forward to a happy and creative 2019.


The first video is a mix of work I've made, exhibitions I've been part of, other things I've made and publications. The year started off really positively with an exhibition at RSPB Geltsdale and other highlights included having my Shadow-work tutorial published in Be Creative with Workbox magazine, the Embroiderers Guild '100 Hearts' project and exhibiting with Decorum at Farfield Mill. I had a bit of a creative slump in the second half of the year but I feel like I'm back on the up now with lots of new ideas to try out this year.


The second video is a mix of the workshops I've run and the projects I've been involved with through my roles at Heathlands and Prism Arts. My favourite project has to be the Processions banner made with a group at Prism Arts, both the making and the procession itself far exceeded my expectations and it was a real pleasure to work with everyone in the group. This years Heathlands quilt was also a lot of fun and I've run lots of workshops where I've met lovely people, been inspired and seen great work being created. Here's to more exciting collaborations for 2019!

One of the things I've definitely got better at over the past year is living in the moment more and enjoying things more. If I have a new years resolution it's this; to enjoy the simple things and not worry so much about the bigger picture. Here's to a happy, peaceful and creative New Year for us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment