Pages

Wednesday 12 September 2012

Craft Fair Jumper

The finished jumper

I've done a few craft shows this summer and most of them have been pretty quiet. The plus side of this is that I've got a lot of knitting done. For example, this jumper was knitted entirely at the craft shows I've done since May. I've just finished sewing it up today as I had a spare half hour (well, I should have been invoicing but that's dull!) It's a lovely variegated wool/acrylic mix called Riot and it's made by King Cole yarns (not the merry old soul.) The pattern is from Debbie Stoller's Stitch'n'Bitch, probably my favourite knitting book.

Bell sleeve detail

If I were to use this yarn again I would probably knit the jumper in the round as the bright pink stripes are in different places on each piece. This doesn't actually bother me too much but with a bit of forward planning all the stripes could match up. I've used this pattern a few times over the past 8 years and each jumper I've made I've worn literally until it fell apart so I think I'll get plenty of wear out of this one!

Inside sleeve

Colour detail

No comments:

Post a Comment