Pages

Saturday 7 May 2011

Radio 1 in Carlisle

Me drawing away!
This years Radio 1 Big Weekend is in Carlisle and this weekend around 200 volunteers, myself included, have been helping out with community projects. I've spent the day at Longtown Community Centre designing a mural for the outside. The design encompasses the history of the area, taking in King Arthur, the Border Reivers, the munitions factories and much much more! It was quite a challenge as I wasn't expecting to be doing this and my knowledge of local history is somewhat shaky (in my defence I've not lived here that long) but with help from people at the centre and other volunteers I came up with a basic first design. I'm hoping the trustees will like it and want to develop it into a finished piece. Sorry about the poor quality pictures, they were taken on my mobile.

Detail of drawing/design

No comments:

Post a Comment