Pages

Monday 3 September 2012

Weaving Wonders

Mixed media piece woven on a simple frame loom

Materials include ribbon, plastic, trim, button bands from a shirt and fabric

Starting on Wednesday I am running a series of textile workshops for Prism Arts. One of the things the group wanted to do was weaving so I have been busy refreshing my skills (and learning some new ones!) I've really enjoyed playing about and am looking forward to working with the guys to see what they come up with. For now, here are some pictures of my endeavors.

Detail of mixed media piece showing button band

Bead detail

Button detail

Strips of fabric woven on a cardboard loom

Detail

Detail

Woven pipe cleaners (detail)

Woven pipe cleaners. This piece is fun to play with as the pipe cleaners make it very pliable!

No comments:

Post a Comment