Pages

Sunday 19 January 2014

Life Drawing 16.1.14

Pen, continuous line

Thursday was the first Life Drawing session of the year after a bit of a break over the festive season. It was really nice to see people again and to do some drawing, although I felt very out of practice. It is amazing how quickly you can fall out of the habit and I know my drawing was not up to standard. However, I don't mind as I know that once I get back into it it will improve again and I'm looking forward to developing my drawing further this year.

Water soluble graphite on prepared paper

I did quite a lot of work with my water soluble graphite this session but I wasn't happy with any of the results, however, it felt good to be drawing and as I said before with practice and time I will get 'get my eye in' and my drawing will improve again.

Pen, continuous line

Pen, continuous line

Having had a bit more time recently I was able to bring some prepared papers to this session-paper that I had previously worked on by adding poster paint, a bit of colour or newsprint to. I like working on prepared paper as it is a little less scary than a sheet of pure new paper, although sometimes if I really like a surface I've prepared and then do a drawing I'm not very happy with it can be a bit disappointing.

Pen, continuous line

Pen, continuous line

As ever I fell back on my tried and trusted pen drawings which I am becoming more and more confident with, I love the quality of line and the challenge of creating form using line rather than tone. One of the people who attends the sessions was telling me about a sculptor who drew with three biros taped together, I think this sounds like a great way of working and I am looking forward to trying it out next session.

Pen, continuous line

No comments:

Post a Comment