Pages

Wednesday 23 April 2014

Life Drawing 10.4.14

Permanent marker, continuous line

I've just got back from a lovely holiday in Spain, where there was sun and lots of beautiful tiles! What I should have done is written this post before I went but I didn't so I can't remember all the details so this post will mostly be about pictures.

Pencil

Pencil
I used a range of media in this session, including pencil which is quite unusual for me but I wanted to do something a bit different. I'm quite pleased with the head sketch, it was good to work in a slightly different way and using pencil rather than pen allows for more variation in the quality of line which is something I think I would like to play around with a bit more.

Permanent marker
I also used the permanent markers again, this is a great way of working for me because it forces you to work quickly, trying to capture what you see before the pen soaks through the paper. Although the proportions of the full body pose are wrong there are still elements of it that I like, in particular the energy that the drawing has because during its making the pen was constantly moving.

Pen

Pen

Pen

Of course no session would be complete without pen drawings of hands and feet! Tomorrow is the last session for a while so if you're in Carlisle come along and join in!


No comments:

Post a Comment