Pages

Saturday 5 November 2016

Life Drawing 18.10.16


Pen, continuous line

Another month flies by and it's time for Life Drawing again! We had a new (to us) model for this session which is always interesting, there are so many things that affect the atmosphere and dynamics of the session; the model, the number of artists, which artists, how my day has gone. On this occasion I'd had quite a good day, less stressful than usual on a life drawing day and as I was due to go on holiday at the end of the week I was feeling quite upbeat.

Pen, continuous line

Pen, continuous line

Pen, continuous line

It was a nice busy session and I was pleased to welcome a new artist and to welcome back an artist who used to be part of the group when we met at Denton Holme. The pool of artists who attend the session has really grown over the past few years which is great and it's always lovely to see people and catch up, it's a very friendly group.

Pen, continuous line

Two pens at once

Left handed drawing

For this session our model wanted a bit of direction which was a good challenge for me as I had to think about what would work for everyone and try and help create poses that would provide interest from all angles. It also got me thinking about what I like to draw, the elements of life drawing that particularly appeal to me. Not surprisingly what I like are twists, folds, curves and poses that hide as well as reveal; all themes that occur throughout my work.

Blind drawing

Pen, continuous line

Pen, continuous line

I've had a lot of project work on recently and have been busy working on pieces for my upcoming exhibition so although I've been in my studio a lot I haven't been doing as much drawing. I really felt the impact of this during this session, it took me a long time to get proportions right and I was more hesitant and less confident than when I'm drawing regularly. As I say almost every month: I must get back into daily drawing!

Pen, continuous line

Pen, continuous line

Blind, left handed drawing

As always I enjoyed the drawing, I really appreciate the time just to sit and draw. I always come away feeling more energised then when I started and keen to do more.

Pen, continuous line

Pen, continuous line

No comments:

Post a Comment